What Were We Doing All Year?
- 1,165,390 calls to 9-1-1 answered
- 48 different languages interpreted for 9-1-1 callers
- 290 students trained in 15 emergency management courses
- Over 300 special event medical plans reviewed
- 694 EMTs and 236 paramedics certified to practice in the City
- 26 AlertSF notices sent to the public about emergency situations
- 286 Tweets with public safety information
- 8 Emergency Operations Center activations
- Completion of a major replacement of the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system
- Launch of a full replacement of the City’s 800 MHz public safety radio system
- Launch of SF72, the San Francisco’s new platform for connection and emergency preparedness
- Dispatchers, emergency planners, grant managers, IT specialists, and support staff working hard every day to make San Francisco a safe place to live, work, and visit.
DEM is proud of where we’ve been this past year, and excited about where we’re going. You might be surprised by how much we do. Take a look for yourself in our FY 2013-2014 Annual Report.